Friday, June 20, 2008

Time to refresh and renew...

I haven't blogged in a bit, as things have been a little nuts here, lately. I've been a little overwhelmed these days, with lots of issues going on in my personal and family life. There are many changes happening here at home, and one of my brother's in having a rough time right now, and as a result I was REALLY feeling the need to just take a little break. It's been two months since my last "Mommy's Day Off"... so yesterday it was time for another! It really was a lovely day... some highlights:

A hike up beautiful Mt. Sugarloaf... I'm not a particularly religious person, but I am very spiritual, and being up here makes me feel closer to a Higher Power. It's such a glorious place to be, and hiking up...feeling my muscles work and the fresh air in my lungs... is such a wonderful, exhilarating feeling. Lunchtime was a trip to Northampton... I love meandering about that city! Had lunch in a lovely cafe I'd never been to before, and got to spend lots of quality time with yarn, working on my latest crochet project, a black cotton halter top. It's coming along very nicely! I worked on it lots throughout the day, and it's now about 3/4 of the way to finished! And speaking of YARN...
A trip to Northampton is not complete without a visit to Webs! Oh how I love that store! I looked A LOT but was quite restrained and only bought myself two balls of nubbly 100% silk which I simply could not resist! It is quite beautiful!
I finished off my day heading back up to South Deerfield to cook (and eat!) dinner with my best friend. We both LOVE to cook, and last night was an arugula and roasted tomato salad and gnocci with lots of olive oil, garlic, parsley, nuts and asiago, some yummy sauvignon blanc and some hibiscus sorbet for dessert. Can you say FOOD COMA? But so, so good :)
Today I'm ready to get back to my "real life"! I'm looking forward to spending the day with my kids, doing the stuff that needs to be done and then spending some time with our homeschool friends to celebrate Summer Solstice. And with that... off I go to start my day!