As I've eluded to before, I'm going through some personal/family things right now, which have made it tough to get on here and blog. When I'm not busy with the kids, I'm busy dealing with stuff related to the whole divorce thing. Ugh. When the marriage first began to go awry, I got some advice...the true wisdom of which I'm only now beginning to fully understand. The advice was, "Do everything you can to fix it, because getting divorced is like trying to unmix paint." That analogy is far more accurate than I ever imagined it would be. My life has been so completely intertwined with this other person's life for 13 years... to try to unmix that now is painful and difficult for all of us. The other part of that is that the paint can't ever really be unmixed when there are children involved. My life is forever tied to this man, for he has given me the three most precious gifts... my beautiful babies! Although we are no longer a couple, we are always going to be parents together, and someday we will be grandparents together. My children have always been and will always be the center of my universe... keeping them safe and happy through this process and beyond is the top priority.
But enough of that... back to my normal bloggy chatter...
So far, the first couple of weeks of the "school year" have been full of fun stuff! We've been to the Children's Museum, made a trip to the Basketball Hall of Fame and the Eric Carle Museum, went to Walden Pond for the Not-Back-To-School Picnic, and today we had Homeschool Day at Old Sturbridge Village. We've had lots and lots of outdoor fun, too, enjoying the last warm and sunny days before the chill of Autumn sets in. We've done some fun indoor projects on the rainy days, such as baking, crafts and science experiments! And speaking of crafts and science experiments...
Update on The Great Volcano Project: We've had a few setbacks on the volcano project, mostly that the clay didn't dry properly and started to slide down, and thus it needed repairs. But they haven't given up! They will be putting the finishing touches on the repairs, and hopefully we'll be ready for it to erupt later this week.
We've got lots going on the rest of this week too... Games Day and dance classes tomorrow, and Library Day and Nature Study Group on Thursday! Whew! I'm tired already!