Sunday, November 9, 2008

Oh, the Drama!

Boys. Oh, my. My boys have a knack for... um, "adventure", I guess you could say. I shudder to think about just how many ER trips, ambulance rides, and other such things we've had over the years. The last two days, we've added two NEW adventures to the list. On Friday, Harry locked himself in the bathroom. Our house is very old, and the lock on the bathroom door is a really old deadbolt thing, accessible only from the inside. It's really hard to turn, so I'm amazed he managed to lock it in the first place! It was quite a scene, here... Harry crying and yelling, "GET ME OUT!! I'M STUCK!", while I was trying to talk to him through the door, "Can you turn the knob, Harry?" But no... he couldn't. Then I had Annabelle talk to him through the door while I ran outside to the window. Nope. Locked. We ended up calling the Fire Department, who broke in to the bathroom through the window to rescue my boy. The strange man coming through the window at him while he was locked in the bathroom freaked him out a little, too... I was yelling through the door... "IT'S OK! IT'S THE FIREMAN! HE'S GOING TO GET YOU OUT!" Overall, this is not an adventure I wish to repeat.
Then yesterday, we got another one! Theo was playing in the yard, and came running in with a bloody hand yelling "MOOOOOM!!! Huge gashes across two fingers. He had no idea how he did it... just that he fell down and his hand was cut. So, an ER trip for that one. He's OK... they opted not to stitch it, and he didn't even need a tetanus shot, for which he was quite grateful. I'm going to have a full head of grey hair before I'm forty if this keeps up!