So... I haven't blogged in a while. It's been a little nuts around here! Where to even begin... let's see... I'll start with Harry. We've been doing his OT and all that, and he's scheduled to go to the neurologist in the spring for a full evaluation, and hopefully, a real honest-to-goodness full and thorough diagnosis which will open the door for us to get him more services and therapies. Theo is also undergoing some testing and such... he recently had a hearing test done. It is suspected that he may have some sort of Auditory Processing Disorder, so he will be going back for further testing in the summer, after he sees the neurologist in the spring, to address his ADHD stuff... so yes, both boys will be undergoing a fair amount of testing and evaluation in the next 6 months or so. It will be an adventure, for sure, but hopefully in the end it will help me to make sure all their needs are being met, and that they are able to learn and grow and thrive.
In other news... I'm sad to report that as of the end of January, I am no longer writing for Life123.com. There was a management change, and all current staff was dismissed. This was quite a blow for me, as I really depended upon that income. I'm doing my best to make do, and try to get through this. I'm trying to view this as a good change... perhaps this will open the door to some other, more lucritive opportunity. I'm lucky to have a lot of wonderful support and encouragement from an amazing guy, as well as family and friends. I'm hoping to get an income rolling again soon!
And now... to end on a positive note. Another thing that has kept us busy is that we've been spending more time with my partner, John, and his kids. We're easing our way into "blended family" territory, which can be a tricky thing to navigate. However, in our case it's going so smoothly! The kids all get along great. I've really come to enjoy the weekends when we have all five kids together... going on adventures, just hanging out, sharing meals... it's chaotic, for sure, but it's a happy, comfy chaos. Having John and the kids in my life definitely makes the difficult times much less difficult.