Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Harts Hill

The other night, my partner and I took the kids on a little post-dinner walk. We headed up to Harts Hill, a walk that I’ve never done, in spite of having lived in this town both as a teen and now for the last several years. I have, however, seen old photos of Harts Hill, and photos taken from the top of the hill (at one point there was an observation tower up there, and thus it was once a very popular place to take scenic photos) Some old photos of Harts Hill can be seen by clicking here and here. A recent photo can be seen by clicking here.

This is the type of view I was expecting… however… THIS is what we saw:


I’m so disappointed that this beautiful part of our town has been treated so disrespectfully (and clearly has been treated this way for quite a while, judging from the amount of trash and broken glass up there!) We have decided that our family is going to change this. We’re going to attempt to organize a clean-up, and to draw attention to this problem, in hopes of preserving this part of our town’s history and natural beauty.

To be continued….