Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Exciting week!!

It's the first week in June... Summer is rolling in! Our gardens are coming along quite nicely, and we've been enjoying lots of time in the yard, working and playing. June also means all of our "school year" activities are winding down... Theo has his last little league game this weekend, and Annabelle has her Dance recital. Our homeschool group's activities are winding down as well... we've got an end-of-year Field Day happening on Friday, which we are really looking forward too! As much as we love all the fun stuff we do all year, we really look forward to the lazy days of summer. We avoid commitments as much as possible in the summer, keeping our time free to just be outside, taking walks, playing in the sprinkler, cooking out on the grill, tending our garden, etc etc... just enjoying Summer's simple pleasures!
The other good thing about a mellower summer, is it will give us all time to get used to my new job... I'm *thisclose* to having my childcare license in hand, and so this summer I will be taking in two more little ones. Annabelle, especially, is really looking forward to having babies in the house... I am too! Over the next few weeks we're finishing up getting the house all ready for babies! But first I must get through THIS week! So much to juggle!