Friday, June 19, 2009

Making Progress....

Yesterday I FINALLY had my home inspection for my childcare license! What a long, slow, painful process this has been! I'm so close to the finish line, I can almost taste it! there are a few things I need to fix (installing a banister and gate on my patio stairs, put up a section of fence, building one more radiator cover, etc etc) and then once all those things are in compliance, I'll FINALLY be issued my license! I still have so much to do on the paperwork end of things... finish writing up policies and procedures, contracts, set up a file system, write up evacuation plans, etc etc. Becoming a professional daycare provider is hard work, and just preparing has been a job in itself! But it feels good to finally be getting there, to be "thisclose" to being able to support myself and my babies! I'm still working part-time writing, and will continue to do so. I'm still learning how to juggle it all... homeschool, daycare job and writing... and still trying so hard to make time to do fun things with the kids now and then, and to take a little time for myself when I can so I don't burn out completely. It's a learning process, to be sure! And once the babies start coming in, we'll all be adjusting to new routines, once again! Annabelle, in particular is getting really excited to have babies in the house! She tells me she can "help" with the babies, and sing to them and read to them. She will, too.... she's always been so good with babies, and in fact even with Harry being four now, she still "mothers" him quite a bit.

So... the next couple of weeks will be hectic! Gotta wrap up our homeschool year, finish up those last projects for the license and get caught up on all my writing assignments! I think I'm going to need a LOT of tea!