Last year at this time, I blogged about the many blessings I have in my life. This year, I feel like I have even more to be grateful for.
I’m thankful for my three beautiful children, who are the very center of my world. I’m so lucky to be their Mom!
I’m thankful that the Universe saw fit to give me another chance at Love. Having John in my life has been such a gift… a most wonderful surprise… which just keeps getting better every day.
I’m thankful for Nick and Annabelle, John’s kids, who accepted me so warmly and so readily.
I’m thankful for Papa and NanaKat for their Love and support, in good times and in tough times.
I’m thankful for all my brothers and my sister… I appreciate them more and more the older we get.
I’m thankful that my brother Dan is FINALLY coming home, and that he Vanessa can finally start building a life together on their own terms.
I’m thankful for my cousin, who is six months older than me. We have grown up together, and I treasure those 38+ years of shared memories and experiences.
I’m thankful that I’m able to homeschool, and let my babies live a life full of free time to play, learn and grow at their own pace, in the ways that work for them.
I’m thankful for my big yard, which contains two big climbing trees. I’m so fortunate to get to watch my two big kids climb among the branches every day.
I’m thankful that every spring I can sow seeds that will grow and feed my family.
I’m thankful that my kids love books so much, and I’m grateful that I get to discuss so many of my old favorite books with my two older kids.
I’m thankful for the magical light of my youngest child, and the amazing gifts he has to share with the world.
I’m thankful for my fellow Homeschooling Moms… I’m so blessed to have these women in my life, with whom I can share in the joys, struggles and challenges of raising our families.
I'm thankful for time spent in the woods, on mountains, and by the ocean. Fresh air and sunshine feed my soul.
I’m thankful for Friends, old and new.
I’m thankful that I can think back and remember the amazing summer I had… it was a really great summer!
I’m thankful for the people in my life who believe in me, and have encouraged me and kept me going when I didn’t believe in myself.
The past couple of years have been a journey… a journey toward finding peace within myself. The journey hasn’t always been easy, and it involved a lot of difficult decisions. But… I’m surviving, and in many ways even thriving, among the many changes and challenges. In spite of the fact that I’m more broke than I’ve ever been, and I’m working harder than I ever have, I am, without a doubt, the happiest I’ve ever been. I’m so so blessed, in so many ways. And I am Thankful.