I had such a great blog post planned... I've been meaning to sit down since Sunday to write it. I was going to tell you all about how I've been to Hell, and Hell is Chuck E. Cheese's on a Saturday afternoon, with 1000 screaming kids, beeping video games, and all the chaos that entails. We were there for a birthday party, and we got to witness a fistfight while the birthday girl was opening her gifts. You might be thinking that the parties involved in the fist fight were some of those over-stimulated kids, but you'd be wrong. Nope, this was between "grown-ups". Charming, no?
But I didn't get around to writing that blog post, because sometimes life gets in the way. In this case, by "life" I mean major dental work. Ugh. I went in on Friday to start the first of two crowns and have been increasing pain since. I have a pretty high pain tolerance. I've made it through 3 labors with no drugs. But by last night I was REALLY uncomfortable. I went back to the dentist today, and came out with prescriptions for antibiotics and painkillers and an appointment for a root canal. Oh Joy. I'd REALLY like to curl up with a blanket and one of those pain killers right about now!
But I'm going to be a good homeschoolin' Mom, and take the kiddos off to our homeschool group's Games Day. Theo is hoping to find one of the older kids to help him hone his chess skills, and Annabelle is hoping to maybe join in a game of banangrams. And Harry, well, Harry wants a cookie.
So, on with our day!