You know how when you're feeling kinda lousy, you can't seem to motivate yourself to get stuff done, which only makes you feel more lousy? Well, that's what's been going on for me lately. Between the "end of winter hurry up with the spring already" blues, my tooth drama, and other insane things going on in my personal life, I've been finding it really hard to get myself motivated.
But today, I turned the corner! I made the decision last night that I was going to GET STUFF DONE today! And get stuff done, I did! Tackled some household tasks I'd been putting off, took the kiddos out to buy books (Woo-hoo! Gift cards!) did some other errands, finished some ACEOs I'd been working on, blogged, perused some job websites, stayed on top of the laundry, listed and relisted some stuff in my Etsy shops, shaved my cat (which, by the way is not some kind of naughty euphemism... I had to shave my actual CAT, a 22-pound half-Maine Coon with a skin condition) and even managed to find time to take the kids out to play in the yard. It must have been the little burst of spring-y weather we had today. Getting stuff done is a good feeling!