Eight years ago today, my life changed for the better. Eight years ago today, I became a Mommy. It's hard to believe it's been eight whole years since my beautiful baby girl came into my life. I had dreamed my whole life of having children and being a mother, but nothing in the world could have possibly prepared me for the reality of that dream. I never knew I could love another person so very, very much. I remember holding her, kissing her fat little cheeks, smelling her soft, downy hair and thinking that there was absolutely nothing better in the whole world. I realized then that I would give my life for this tiny person. She (and later, my two boys!) became the axis on which my world spins. Watching her grow from a baby to a toddler and now, to a smart and capable girl has brought me so much joy. I am blessed to be able to watch her and guide her as she continues to grow and learn.
Happy Birthday, Baby Girl. I love you more than chocolate!