Last night, I had a really good cry. I love a really good cry! You know how sometimes when your life gets busy and crazy and there is a lot going on, you just keep plugging along, putting out the fires, accomplishing the tasks that need accomplishing and just pushing through the stress? It is necessary sometimes, but at some point, something's gotta give! Sometimes you just need a release... a really good cry to let go of the stress and the tension.
Crying is generally viewed as something negative... if someone catches you crying, they will usually say "Oh, no! Don't cry!" But why? Why are we not supposed to cry? Crying is GOOD. It benefits us emotionally and physically. Crying releases chemicals and hormones that relax us. I love that exhausted, emotionally purged feeling after a good cry. After last night's good cry I woke up this morning feeling much more relaxed, and ready to face a new day. And bless the heart of the friend who, upon asking a simple, "So, how are you... Are you OK?" was subjected to my fit of tears... not once did he say, "Don't cry."