
Let me start this post by saying I'm not the kind of person who is obsessed with having a perfect body. I used to be, back in my teens and 20's, but the wisdom of my 30's has taught me that life is too short for that crap. I just try to stay healthy and relatively fit, but I don't go out of my way to do so. I eat what I want to eat (everything in moderation) and I don't "work out" as such. I will never, ever have washboard abs because A) I've given birth x3, B) Ab exercise are horrific and torturous, and C) I really love cookies. As long as I can zip my jeans and I feel good, I'm happy.
Well, lately I haven't been taking care of my body as I should, and as a result I haven't really been feeling good, and my jeans are getting a bit snug. I'm blaming it on my soul-sucking night job, which makes me a little sleep deprived, and so my body compensates by craving sugar and caffeine, which boosts me for a bit, then crashes me back down, so I crave sugar and caffeine to boost myself back up... see how this vicious little cycle works? So I'm eating much more than a moderate amount of sweets, and I'm tired enough that I'm not as active as I might otherwise be, and thus I'm getting a little bit "doughy". I'd promised myself a couple of weeks ago that I'd start paying more attention to my health, trying to cut back a smidge on the sweets and get out and move a bit more. I've been sort of half-heartedly attempting to be more conscientious, but not really. That is, until yesterday. I was out walking with my kids, when I passed my reflection in a window. My shirt had ridden up slightly, and there, at the waist of my jeans was A MUFFIN TOP!!! EEK!!! At first I thought I was peering at someone else through the window, then I realized it was, in fact, me. Whoa! Now there are two cures for muffin top... one is to buy bigger jeans, which I can't really afford to do, and the other get off my arse and get some exercise, which I'm thinking I can't really afford NOT to do :) Plus, I need to stay strong and healthy to keep up with my three energetic kids!
Now where did I put those cookies... ? (kidding!!)