Sunday, October 26, 2008

I hate sponge painting.

Right now I am cursing the previous owners of my house, who, for reasons I will never fathom, decided it would be a good idea to sponge paint the bathroom walls in pink and blue. If you ever find yourself thinking about doing such a thing, please, please, please for the love of god think about the poor soul who will have to deal with that mess when you move out! I just spent the better part of my day trying to paint over this pink and blue decorating nightmare. FYI, sponge painting is really difficult to cover up. Brightly colored sponge painting is worse. It is a task that I'd been planning on doing since we bought the house last July, but it got pushed behind the other projects that needed doing. But now, with the house to go on the market soon, it HAD to be done. And now, finally it IS done. Whew!

I was able to spend the bulk of the weekend working on the house, getting it all prettied up to sell. The kids were off for much of the weekend with their dad, which is what enabled me to get so much done. It was good to have uninterrupted time to work, but the part about them being gone much of the weekend is something I'm not really used to. The house is a little too quiet when they're not here! It's something I will have to get used to, as with the divorce they will be spending more time with their dad, away from me. I think that will be the single hardest part of the whole process... this whole "sharing the kids" thing. I'm trying to view it in a positive light... that they are strengthening their bond with their Dad, which can only benefit all of us. But still, it will be a difficult adjustment.

So... tomorrow is the start of a new week! We have a few homeschool adventures planned, and we also have Halloween happening on Friday! It's going to be a fun week!