I'm a quitter, but it feels pretty good, actually! I just quit my horrid, soul-sucking night job. I was trying to wait until a better job appeared before I quit, but it just seemed like the right time to go ahead and quit. I wasn't making very much money at it anyway, most of the time, as my pay was variable, and it was just such an emotionally draining job. And with everything else I have going on, can I really afford to have more of my emotions drained? Nope. I can't. I need to focus on the tasks at hand, which are taking care of my babies, preparing my house to sell, finding a more consistent job, settling my divorce, and figuring out where I'm going to live when all this is over. The question I keep asking myself, is how am I going to make up for what little money I DID make at this job? And the answer I keep telling myself is that I'll figure it out. And I'm now even MORE motivated to find something else soon!
Also... my middle child has been away from me for the first time this weekend! He went with his Dad, grandfather and uncle to Cooperstown, NY to see baseball stuff, a whole 4 hours away! I talked to him last night, to say goodnight, and he was clearly having a great time. I miss having him here... it's like we're a puzzle missing a piece, over here! But it's been kind of nice to get to focus a little extra attention on the other two, and I know it's been great for him to have ALL the attention out in Cooperstown. But he is missed here, not only by me but by the other kids, as well... Harry has been asking all day when Theo is coming home. He is due to arrive back tonight, and I know we'll all be so happy to see him!