Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day??

So, Saturday was Valentine's Day. It had been a very busy week, so I was really looking forward to Saturday at home with my babies... catching up on stuff I needed to get done as well as celebrating Valentine's Day. We had plans to start with a big pancake breakfast, bake heart shaped cupcakes and then for dinner, homemade pizza. I'd also planned to have a movie night with the two big kids, and planned on getting some writing done after they were all in bed. The only other thing we needed to get done was to take one of the cats to the vet, an hour, tops.

Or so I thought. See, Tallulah doesn't like the vet. She's the sweetest kitty girl ever, but when the vet starts messing with her, forget it. I was holding her, trying to console her while the vet did his thing. And she bit me. Hard. The vet, peering over at the gaping hole in my hand said, "Hm. I think we'll have to sedate her." Ya think?!?! "Oh, and you should see a doctor. That looks nasty" Right.

So, after the vet it was off to the ER where I endured a 4+ hour visit that included xrays (because they thought she hit the tendon), a tetanus shot and antibiotics. By the time I finally got home, it was dinner time, so there wasn't time for homemade pizza. I grabbed the phone and called for delivery, and then preheated the oven... I promised my babies cupcakes, so cupcakes they would get! Of course, I didn't take into consideration that due to the bite and the shot I didn't have full functioning use of my right hand and arm. Oops. In fact, I found out over the course of the night that I could not pick up my four-year-old, type or open a jar. Doh. Funny how we take these kinds of activities for granted, until we can't do them. I did manage to get the cupcakes baked, and due to the fact I couldn't type, I had to give myself the night off from writing.

I am now happy to report that the swelling is down and I (obviously) am able to type! I'm hoping I will catch up on last week's stuff before the end of this week!