Friday, February 27, 2009

Tea Party, hacking coughs and workworkwork.


Well! It's been busy around here! However Annabelle and I did get to enjoy a fun little activity last night... our moms and daughters group had a fancy dress tea party! It was a hoot! All of us ladies, dressed in various old dress up finds, old prom gowns and bridesmaid dresses! Fancy hats and all! Yes, that's us there in the photo... aren't we a fancy bunch? We had a lovely and oh-so-proper tea with tea sandwiches, cupcakes and tea cake, and then cut loose with some dancing in the living room! It was a so much fun to share that time with our girls!
In other news, I was just saying how we've been so lucky this winter as far as illnesses go. Everyone we know has been SO sick with all kinds of viruses and bugs and nasty lingering respiratory infections, and we have been relatively healthy, save for a couple of days of minor illness at the holidays. Well... of course, as of this morning all three of my kids have horrible-sounding hacking coughs. I should have kept my mouth shut! I'm feeling a little fatigued myself, so I'm hoping I haven't caught their cooties. I'm guessing it's more likely that I'm just totally exhausted. I've been really busy lately, not only with homeschooling stuff and writing stuff, but also with continuing to get my house and myself ready to get my childcare license. In fact, it's an early bedtime for me tonight, as I'm going to take my first aid/cpr class tomorrow... yet another requirement for licensing.
We will have much to blog about in the coming week... we're going to be planting seeds, celebrating Dr. Seuss and more! Stay tuned...