Saturday, January 17, 2009

Big Decision...

I made a big decision this week, which I did not come to easily. I have decided that with everything going on in my life, I need to close my Etsy shops for awhile. The details on that are here.

The decision to close up shop was so difficult, because I dreamed all my life of being an artist, and selling my art at shows and online gave me validation that, yes, I was a "real" artist. I long ago gave up doing shows, because shlepping everything to the site, setting up the tent, etc etc was a lot of work, when you're a mom of three. Etsy became a great outlet for me. I sold quite a bit on Etsy, and have gotten incredible amounts of positive feedback from both customers and other sellers. I've really enjoyed my time there, and I'm hoping that once my life settles a bit, I can maybe try again.
Link