Friday, January 30, 2009

Old and Inefficient.

Well, last post I was feeling like SuperMom, but this time, notsomuch. Today I am old (not really...just in the eyes of my 7-year-old) and dreadfully inefficient (OK, that part is real).

So... part one... Theo was chatting on about Jason Varitek, about how he might get signed, might not, or maybe he'll just retire. "Wow!" I said, feigning interest in Baseball, "Rather than go to another team he might just retire? How about that!" "Well," said Theo, "He's getting older, and he's not hitting like he used to... I mean... he's like, YOUR AGE!" Wow. My age, huh? Ancient! And, by the way... How on earth did I ever manage to give birth to a sports fan!? I'm about the farthest thing from a sports fan, ever. I've never played sports, nor do I have any desire to. Watching sports bores me to tears, and I really don't care one bit who wins and who loses. And yet my 7-year-old rattles off stats like the bartender at a sports bar. Go figure.

Part two... my amazing demonstration of inefficiency: This afternoon I made a shopping list, got all three kids dressed, jackets, boots, etc, piled everyone into the minivan, made my way out of the icy-as-all-get-out driveway, and drove all the way to the grocery store, only to realize I'd left my purse on the living room floor next to the ottoman while I was putting Harry's boots on. Doh. So, back home we drove. We'll try again tomorrow!