Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Year Begins...

Wow! What a loooong two weeks it’s been! I may sound oh-so-Scroogy when I say this, but I’m SO glad the holidays are behind us! The insane lack of any structure, schedule or consistency that happens at Holiday Time has taken a toll on my three little monkeys. My goodness, do they get cranky! But tomorrow, life returns to normal (well… as normal as our life can be, at the moment) We will get back into our normal “school” schedule, and back into normal sleeping and eating habits, which I think will be good for all of us. We’ve got some good things to look forward to, this coming week, with our book discussion group on Thursday, and the big event for the week…. Our homeschool group’s Heritage Fair on Friday! Last year the kids did a project on Italy for the fair, exploring their heritage from my paternal grandfather. This year, they are doing a project on Ireland, which is where all the relatives on their Dad’s side of the family are from. I love seeing the two big kids work on projects together. It is amazing, that for all the Sibling Rivalry we have around here, just how well those two can work together.

So, this week, 2009 really begins for us! There are a lot of changes afoot… some will be positive, some notsomuch. 2008 was such a time of transition, for us… and it feels to me that 2009 will serve to tie up the loose ends of the things we began in ’08, and lead us all into the next chapter of our lives. I am hopeful, as we begin this year… hopeful that we will all find the peace and happiness that has seemed so far away last year.