Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Spring Has Sprung!!
Yesterday was all you could expect from an "April 1"... warm and breezy with some April Showers thrown in for good measure. It seemed a perfect day to start our garden! This will be our first-ever REAL garden! The kids and I are way beyond excited! I've dreamed of having my very own garden since I was a little girl, and I'm eager to share in this learning experience with my children. We been measuring the yard, drawing up plans... yes, indeed... this will be a very special garden! We also spent two hours playing in the dirt, planting seeds! Soon we will begin digging up the ground and building some raised beds (this will require some creativity, to keep our friendly neighborhood woodchuck from eating our vegetables!) and then we get to go to the the garden center for more plants. And of course, we are really looking forward to enjoying the fruits and vegetables of our labor!


