Monday, April 7, 2008

Yard Work!

Yup... it's that time of year again! Time for yard work! Some yard work I don't mind... planting things, tending gardens... that kind of stuff is fun for me! But yesterday, I had to tackle the first of many BIG landscaping projects I have on deck for the spring... preparing a spot in the corner of the yard for our new swing set, which is set to arrive this week (Thanks to Papa and NanaKat!) This particular project... digging up turf, shoveling, raking, leveling, lugging lots and lots of 50lb bags of sand and gravel, spreading and leveling said sand and gravel...definitely NOT fun. It took me pretty much all day, and by the time I came in to shower and make dinner, I was SORE. And cold and wet and generally cranky! I'm still going to have to put down the landscape fabric and mulch, but that will be easy compared to the other stuff. And it will certainly all be worth it when I get to watch my happy children climbing and playing on their new swing set. They keep saying, "I can't believe we're really going to have a SWING SET!!" Our kids are so fortunate to have such generous grandparents to give them such a generous gift!

Speaking of gifts... if anyone would like to throw a gift my way, I could use a landscaper. Preferably a really hot one that just HATES to wear shirts ;)